Sonic-Shield® Presents Pyrotek’s Soundlag™ NL-QGW
Acoustic pipe lagging - fire retardant noise barrier with quilted glass wool backing
Soundlag™ NL-QGW is a high-performance composite acoustic lagging product consisting of an aluminum foil faced, mass-loaded, flexible vinyl noise barrier laminated to a quilted glass-wool decoupling layer. The product was developed to reduce noise break-out from pipes, valves, fan housings and ductwork in commercial, industrial and domestic buildings.
The unique construction of Soundlag™ NL-QGW combines the superior transmission loss performance of the noise barrier, Wavebar®, with the high absorption properties of the decoupling Sorberglass, a lightweight 25 mm thick, non-combustible, glass-wool that is quilted (QGW) with a fabric covering to prevent it from shedding irritating fibers and make it easier to handle. The decoupling layer breaks the vibrational path between the decoupled mass barrier and the substrate to which it is bonded. This allows the vinyl external wrap to remain flexible at all times, thereby optimizing its performance. The tough external aluminum foil facing provides good mechanical protection from dirt, oil and dust and offers a fire resistant covering. The external barrier wrap, Nonlite (NL), is highly fire retardant with enhanced self-extinguishing properties and low smoke and toxicity characteristics.
Soundlag™ products are easily cut to size with a knife or scissors and installed in 3 easy steps: cut, wrap and tape; making it the most cost effective acoustic lagging product on the market.
- Hydraulic and waste pipes in all locations
- Air-conditioning ducting and shrouds
- Compressor wraps
- Spa motor wraps
- Factory custom cut sizes available or can be cut to size easily with a knife on site
- Working with acoustic consultants and test facilities, Pyrotek has designed and tested systems that achieve a high level of noise reduction for all plumbing and hydrostatic situations.
- Heat and light reflective facing
- Ignition retardant barrier layer
- Low cost and long-lasting
- This product is classed as low VOC emitting material
- Free from odor-producing oils and bitumen
- Reduces the noise in hydraulic and waste pipes by up to 20.5dB(A)
- Broad operating temperature range
- Tested to international standards for fire properties
- Low spread of flame surface
- Easiest and quickest product in the market to install, therefore the most cost effective.
- Easy to bond onto other substrates using matching Tape ALR adhesive or equivalent.
Soundlag products contain no ozone-depleting substances and comply with European and Australian standards for Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) emissions.
|Color||Silver, Yellow (Glass Wool)|
|Packaging (Standard)||Roll Size: 1350 x 5000 mm|