Reduce Noise With Sonic-Shield’s Acoustical Curtain
Sonic-Shield has developed a modular sound dampening Acoustical Curtain consisting of our 1 lb/sf Sonic-Shield® Noise Barrier together with our 2” thick Sonic Fiber sound absorption material.
We believe that Sonic Curtains offer a better alternative to the typical quilted “acoustic blankets”, which have limited abilities to block and absorb sound.
Each standard size curtain measures 54" by 96" and weighs approximately 50 pounds. Custom sizes are available depending on each individual situation. The curtains come with high quality hook and loop fasteners on the edges and grommets on the top.
Acoustical Curtain Applications
- Construction sites - Both indoor and outdoor
- Enclosures for industrial equipment - punch presses, blowers, drops saws, granulators and generators
- Portable acoustic curtains - draped over fencing to create an acoustic barrier
- Suspend from uni-strut systems or other structures to quiet noise from traffic, pumps, air conditioners, generators, or other equipment
- Noise curtain for portable mobile equipment including jack hammers, drilling rigs and pile drivers
Customized sizes and attributes
For applications where visual inspection of a noise source is needed, a “vision port” can be inserted into a curtain. Standard size vision ports are 22” x 12”. As men
tioned above, variations from our standard size 54" by 96" curtains are available. For outdoor applications, a special weather resistant curtain is available using an additional Tyvek covering and in fact is sometimes strongly recommended, depending on local weather conditions.
Sonic Curtains are made from the combination of two materials, Sonic-Shield® noise barrier and Sonic Fiber sound absorbing mineral wool. Our barrier material is a high-performance, flexible mass-loaded vinyl noise barrier, offering superior acoustic transmission loss. The noise barrierproduct is located on the inside of the curtain and is a “cast” product instead of “extruded” which gives it a higher tensile strength. Designed to meet market requirements, it has been effectively used to reduce noise in building, commercial, industrial and automotive markets, on a global basis. The product was developed to be dense, thin, highly-flexible, tear-resistant and strong. These properties give our barrier product high transmission loss throughout the various weight ranges.
Our Sonic Fiber is a semi-flexible non-asbestos 2” thick mineral wool that provides greater sound attenuation than fiberglass bats or urethane foam. It is covered in an industrial grade high temperature woven fabric that repels water, is fire resistant and does not promote mold growth.
This combination provides outstanding soundproofing capabilities (26 STC, 1.0 NRC) in a modular, durable, attractive and easy-to-use package. For indoor applications, it can be hung from walls to reduce sound transmission through the walls and reduce acoustical reverberations within rooms as seen above.
- Uses a flexible sound barrier product
- Effective performance over the full frequency spectrum
- Industrial grade fabric cover provides better noise absorption and repels water
- High tensile strength
- High quality hook and loop fastener on the edges and grommets on the top
- No ozone depleting substances
- Resistant to most chemicals, solvents and petroleum products
- Resistant to weather and UV light
- Tear resistant - tolerates high wind conditions
- Able to attach with Velcro, eyelets and/or grommets
- VISION PORT INSERTS are available for custom orders
Contact our acoustic experts today and learn how Sonic-Curtains can help!