Sonic-Shield® Presents Pyrotek’s Silentstep
Silentstep is a high-performance acoustic carpet underlay, comprising of a flexible mass-loaded barrier fused onto high-density premium foam underlay. The combination of these two products allows Silentstep to reduce the transmission impact-generated noise such as footfall, and airborne noise such as speech.
Silentstep was developed to meet market noise reduction requirements in multi-story living, commercial, automotive and marine markets. Simple to cut and lay, it offers excellent support and a firm cushioned base for all types of carpet applications. It is ideally suited for lightweight flooring constructions such as timber and marine applications, where fiberglass and composite floor panels are used.
When laying carpet over a floor constructed using lightweight timber and joists, typical standard underlay only reduces impact noise and offers little effect in reducing the transmission of airborne noise. Silentstep can significantly reduce both impact and airborne noise transfer through a floor system. This means that noise generated from speech and electronic audio technologies, such as radio and television, can be reduced along with noise generated by impact such as footfall.
- Multi-story living areas constructed from lightweight materials with the intention to lay carpet
- Placed under solid timber or parquetry flooring using Pyrotek’s flooring systems.
- Marine vessels to stop engine noise travelling into staterooms, salons, VIP cabins etc.
- Transport industry; under automotive, firewalls, wheel arches, boot mats, and transmission tunnels
- Motor homes and luxury motor coaches
- Bonded foam is made from 100% recycled material
- No ozone-depleting substances are generated during manufacture
- Free from lead, odor-producing oils and bitumen
- Easily installed by quality carpet layers. No special tools or fixtures required
- Uses specially made, high density, high rebound bonded foam as the impact layer
- Long service life, will not degrade like rubber underlay
- Foam is treated with Ultra-Fresh® to resist mold, mildew, bacterial growth and dust mites
- Available in roll or sheet form, or custom made to suit (minimum order quantities apply)
Silentstep products are environmentally safe, contain no ozone-depleting substances and complies with European and Australian standards for Volatile Organic Compound emissions.
Other weights available on Request -Subject to Minimum Order Quantities