Pyrotek Decidamp® SP80
Water Based Vibration Damping Compound
Decidamp® is a fast drying, water-based viscoelastic vibration damping compound.
The advanced formula is optimized to suit building applications, providing an acoustic improvement of structures that are exposed to vibrations and noise impact.
Developed with a special polymer technology, Decidamp® SP80 is a lightweight, non-toxic structural damping material that is suitable for exterior and interior use. It can be applied almost anywhere that vibration can impact structural longevity, comfort, and function.
With exceptional fire properties and compliance to international fire codes it performs across several industries, and is now developed for building applications. Decidamp® SP80 is easy to apply by simply spraying, rolling or trowelling onto surfaces. Once dry, the cured film is UV, water and chip resistant and effectively damps noise.
Decidamp® SP80 is a superior extensional damping compound suitable to be applied directly to structures (steel, fiberglass and alloys) where vibration damping is required.
Decidamp SP80 Attributes:
- Water based - non toxic, solvent free, low VOC
- Designed for damping across broad temperature and frequency range
- Reduces resonant vibration and eliminates tinniness and ringing
- Advanced, non-sag formulation
- Excellent adhesion to most surfaces
- Fast drying formula
- Easy application and clean up (sprayable)
- Can be painted/gel coated over, once cured
- Cures to chip resistant finish
Decidamp SP80 Applications:
- Metal roofing, floors wall cladding
- Enclosures for machinery and industrial equipment
- HVAC, plant rooms, substations
- Stainless steel applications (sinks, bowls)
- Hospital equipment
- Whitegoods and dishwashers
- Back of house, garbage chutes and utilities
- LNG pipe