Sonic-Shield® Noise Barrier Mass Loaded Vinyl
Sonic-Shield® Noise Barrier Mass Loaded Vinyl is a high-performance, flexible mass-loaded vinyl noise barrier, offering superior acoustic transmission loss. Designed to meet market requirements, it has been effectively used to reduce noise in building, commercial, industrial and automotive markets, globally.
Our material has been developed to be dense, thin, highly-flexible, tear-resistant and strong. These properties give the product high transmission loss throughout the various weight ranges.
Our dense core mass layer reflects and absorbs the transmission of sound through walls, ceilings and floors, reducing noise, including that generated from mechanical equipment, engine noise, and electronic technologies such as radio and television.
- Inside cavities, over lightweight walls and ceilings.
- Ideal for home theatre rooms, office partitions, meeting rooms
- Between the plenum chamber of a floor slab, the roof and adjoining partition walls
- Isolate sound on doors for privacy
- Position as a curtain to separate and create an acoustic barrier for open floor plans.
- Automotive cabin application to reduce engine and road noise transmitting through to passengers
- Attach to lightweight structures to reduce airborne noise
- And many, many more
- Simple to cut and install even around obstructions - providing flexibility around pipes, ducts, cables etc.
- Resistant to most chemicals, solvents and petroleum products
- Free from lead, odor-producing oils and bitumen
- Resistant to weather and UV light
- Tear resistant with high tensile strength.
- Ability to be suspended in lengths of up to 15 feet
- Available in various weights, widths, roll lengths and sheet sizes
- Available with various laminates such as foil, metalized film, foams and polyesters
Sound Transmission Class (STC) is obtained through testing by a certified laboratory to ASTM standards. STC describes how well the material attenuates or reduces airborne sound and is generally related to the amount of noise that the material is capable of attenuating. For example, a typical wall in a residential house has an STC of 33, meaning that it can attenuate 33 dB from one side of the wall to the other. The addition of Sonic-Shield to the wall can significantly increase the STC to over 50. Additional noise reduction can be obtained by using Sonic-Shield Noise Barrier with a sound absorbing material, such as Sonic-Fiber.
What is the difference between our product and other Mass Loaded Vinyls on the market?
While we believe our product is better than most, there is no basic difference except for the company telling you how to use and install the product. Pay attention to the word INSTALL. Correct installation is critical to this product working the way it is designed to work. There are dozens of companies in the U.S. selling the same basic product, made by a very small group of resin extruders. The product is made from resin pellets that are melted and extruded into massively long sheets of flexible vinyl material and then cut into sheets and rolled and shipped to distributors. Our premium noise barrier is cast on to a polyester scrim that makes it stronger and limper. The limper the better for reducing sound. We do not make Sonic-Shield Noise Barrier Mass Loaded Vinyl, we buy it and put our own label on it. It has a higher tensile strength, is textured and is more flexible, therefore easier to work with than many other MLV products on the market today.
Where to use Sonic-Shield Noise Barrier Mass Loaded Vinyl?
Anyplace that you want or need to block sound is a candidate for MLV. Different pages on our website talk about sound barriers, sound dampeners, sound absorption products and combining all of them together to make even more effective products. You can use MLV in walls, floors, ceilings, cars, boats, acoustical panels, and we could give you a list that goes on for page after page.
If I can get this product just about anywhere, under a variety of brand names, why should I talk to you about Sonic-Shield Noise Barrier Mass Loaded Vinyl?
We want to treat you the way we would want to be treated BY you. If we have not earned your trust and respect by being honest with you about our main product line, perhaps we are not right for each other anyway. Learn more about our vision and mission.