Soundlag® Pipe & Duct Wrap Kit
Acoustic Pipe Lagging
Noise Barrier with Convoluted Foam Backing
Soundlag® is a high-performance composite acoustic lagging product consisting of a reinforced aluminum foil faced, mass loaded flexible vinyl noise barrier bonded to a decoupling layer. The product was developed to reduce noise break-out from pipes, valves, fan housings and ductwork in commercial, industrial and domestic buildings.
The unique construction of Soundlag gives the dual benefits of a noise barrier and a noise absorber. The highly dense and flexible mass layer provides excellent sound reduction properties, while the decoupling layer breaks the vibration path between the substrate and the mass barrier, thus allowing the vinyl external wrap to remain flexible and thereby optimize its performance. The external foil facing offers a fire- resistant covering and an excellent surface to join adjacent sheets.
Soundlag is easily cut to size with a knife or scissors and installed in 3 easy steps: cut, wrap and tape.
- Low cost and long lasting with over 40 years’ industry use
- No ozone depleting substances generated during manufacture
- This product is classed as low VOC emitting
- Reduces the noise in hydraulic and waste pipes by up to 25dB(A)
- Endorsed and tested by leading acoustic consultants and engineers combined with independent lab and field testing
- Easy to bond onto other substrates using matching Tape AGC adhesive or equivalent
- Quick and easy to install
- Hydraulic and waste pipes in all locations
- Air-conditioning ducting and shrouds
- Spa motor wraps
- Working with acoustic consultants and test facilities, Pyrotek has designed and tested systems that achieve a high level of noise reduction for all plumbing and hydraulic situations